Monday, October 10, 2005

Painting and Knitting and Painting and Knitting...

So we are still painting the interior of our house. I admit that I feel slightly overwhelmed. Our 8x10feet storage is full and I still have a whole rooms worth of boxes that need storage space. How did we fit all that 'stuff' in our 1000sq. ft house????!!!!
The house we will be buying will be great. It's still in our neighborhood we love, and has an extra bed and bath. And the most important to us is where my MIL grew up. Our grandma's house!!
So hopefully our Charming 50's Starter will sell fast so we can move. I have been thinking what I'll miss most from my first 'home'.
definitely my Wedgewood Gas Stove is what I'll miss most. How does one cook on electric??
The originality of everything. It's like stepping back to the 50's in my house. There are only two electrical sockets in each room, the ironing board folds out of the wall in the kitchen, the house is made of stucco and redwood, original pink and maroon tile in the only bathroom. Original stained cast iron sink in the kitchen. Some say the first home you own is the hardest to let go. And I agree with that!!
Anyways, on to more packing.
A-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email me!